clunk in front end

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok when we go to stop we get a clunk from the front left wheel. this only happens if you are going from reverse to forward or vise versa and it only hasppens the first time you hit the brakes not after that. I checked to see if the pads were shifting or anything and even went and put new clips in that hold the pads...everything looked fine.

I was thinking the pads were shifting or something from one end to the other when you go from reverse to forward or the other way around. Everything looked fine so now i bring it to the masters lol

thanks in advance guys

Not a friggin clue, so I offer you a "Bump" to the top of the forum instead.

Check the torque on the lug nuts, tighten to 100 ft. lbs. Then get the suspension and brakes checked.

My old car had something similar, but it was the rear drum brakes, the entire car was pulled down in the back, mechanic said it was "morning sickness" until the moisture in the drums burnt off.

If it is while you're stopped and shifting, I'd say an engine mount.

On a semi-longshot, I'd say you broke your front swaybar end links and there's a piece hanging around, or the bar is shifting.

Does it happen on the first brake every time after shifting?

yes it only happens after you have either gone from reverse to forward or the other way around...there is not a noise till the first time you hit the brakes then there is a small clunk from the drivers side front wheel...then it will not do it again until you shift the other way and hit the brakes for the first time. so it is not when shift it is after going and then hitting the brakes for the first time..it is kinda weird for sure.

If i go from reverse to forward and go down the street as in i just came out of my driveway it will clunk when i brake at the stop sign down at the end THEN it will not clunk again until i have to reverse and brake hope this makes sense

Latest posts