Great deal on a GPS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, good luck. I'm still waiting for the e-mail they said I'd get within 24 hours of yesterday's call. But hey, I got another quality control survey e-mail....

I'm on hold now... We'll see what run around I get.

I will also send an e-mail, and maybe I'll include a link to this thread so they can see what's available for the world to see from this site alone.....Especially this being a vehicle enthusiast site (their market for this item)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the form I used to file a complaint......

I asked Marlow to speak to a supervisor or manager and he refused. :angry:

He refused because he's in another country. I have yet to talk to anyone that is here in the US and could do something more than just look at the same screen as me.

Sounds like Todd got lucky earlier and talked to someone in the US who could actually do something about the poor service ($20 off his order).

I am also going to file a complaint with the better business bureau as well...

https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx

The company will have 14 days to respond after the complaint is filed. We'll see I guess...

I have also filed a complaint with the BBB. I found their main office is Sony Corp of America Customer Service

Consumer Information Service Ctr

12451 Gateway Blvd.

Fort Myers, FL 33913

1-800-222-7669

www.sel.sony.com

Sigh.....

I'm still on hold and it's been over an hour.

I called another number, and talked to Gerard. He started to give me the run around, telling me that I should just wait until Monday and call back. I told him no and asked to speak to a supervisor/manager or someone who could actually do something about all of this. He told me that they would not able to do anything more than him because, get this, all they have is the same information as us, and all they can do is troubleshoot. Finally an honest answer!

I told him I still was not satisfied, and that I refuse to pay for a warranty on something I do not have, and may never have, possession of. He thought that my card had already been charged for the unit (as well as the warranty), so he didn't understand the nature of my complaint. Once I was able to make him understand that my card has only been charged for the one, and that it relies on the other, he was willing to "transfer" me to someone here in the states that can help with assisting me to cancel my order or change it.

Now, here I sit, and hour later, still listening to the mind numbing jazz music, waiting for someone to answer who gives a damn.

On a side note - I checked the BBB, and they only have one complaint against them....WTF? If they don't resolve this today, they will most certainly get another (on top of yours DF).

I had to wait for almost 2 hours...and got the run around with Marlow ID #10447

Now, I'll just wait to hear back from the BBB or consumeraffairs on what to do next.

I will call tomorrow...

They pulled the shipped warranty crap with me too...

Will Crack the whip !!!

Todd Z

Todd......good luck with trying to get thru......

This is the email I got back from them this morning after I emailed them to let them know I'll be contacting an atty.....

Martin,

Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

Our online support team is always happy to provide technical support for Sony products you own. Assistance for your concern would be handled directly by our SonyStyle sales division. They specialize in order verifications, address changes, shipment status, customer relations and product return requests. Their customer service staff is highly trained and will be more than happy to assist you. Please contact them at: (877) 865-7669.

TIP: You can also email SonyStyle customer service at:

[email protected]

Thank you for your time.

The Sony Email Response Team

C6EL

Jason

hahahhha, DF, I got the SAME EXACT e-mail from William.

Nice.

I did finally get ahold of someone yesterday, and was able to "request to cancel" my order. She did say that they have been accepting these for items that are out of stock. I'm still pissed that they refuse to cancel orders otherwise.

We'll see what happens.

Good luck, Todd!

After this fieasco.......I will Never buy another thing again from Sony. The internet is flooded with complaints of their crappy customer support.

Check this out !!!

I left them a nasty gram..

http://news.sel.sony.com/electronicsblog/?p=74

Todd Z

Great.....

Todd, did you get intouch with them yet this morning?

Noticed in the blog, they keep saying this....

Our top customer service team will be reaching out to you to resolve the matter.:angry:

Spoke to a Kathrine,

Got my order CANCELED !!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my Cancellation confirmation number as well !!!!

I think since it is out of stock they worked with me !!!

Todd Z

I still haven't gotten any conf yet, but I still have my complaint filed with the BBB & consumer affairs.

Wholly crap Todd, how did you actually talk to a person not from another country, and how did you get to talk to someone who could actually DO SOMETHING.

Everyone I have talked to I could barely understand, and they can only do "requests" according to them.

WTF?

Do you have Katherine's extension or direct number?!?!?! I'd almost be willing to pay for it.

Ok, so I just called and the guy did tell me that the order has been canceled even though I received no other contact (e-mail or updated status on the website). When I asked for a cancellation confirmation number, he said there wasn't one, but there was a case number. I assume it's the same thing.

Todd was your number 6 digits (today's date 090102) [hyphen] 6 more digits?

If so, I am going to feel much better about all of this......

Latest posts