Great deal on a GPS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got that number, She called is a confirmation number....

I don't have a direct line, But i call Early 9 AM and wait the proverbial 20 min and get English people..

Model Number: NVU73T/BSTOCK

REFURBISHED - 4.3" Portable Navigation System NV-U73T

$84.99

Items:

Order Status:

CANCELLED

Cancelled Date:

01/05/2009

Write a review

Model Number: DSES2SPA1RA

2 Year Replacement Plan with Accidental Damage from Handling

$19.99

1 item has been returned.RMA Order # R-SW08122800839-407Return Creation Date 01/05/09

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky you :)

I always get someone that doesn't speak or understand english very well and the shortest call while waiting was at least 30min. The max was 2 hours on Sunday.

Just got this.

Dear Todd,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and difficulties you may have experienced with your Sony Style purchase.

We have cancelled the Extended Service Plan. You will be issued a credit in the amount of $21.71. This credit should be applied within 7-10 business days and will appear on your statement in 1-2 billing cycles.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

-- Tunga N.

Sony Style Concierge

www.sonystyle.com

I just got a phone call from Sony and the guy I spoke with said he would get the matter cleared up and cancel the order.....

We shall see...

well, I finally got my notice of cancellation for both the unit at the warranty. Finally, the nightmare is over.

I will be purchasing a Garmin at the end of the week. FWIW, Garmin sells a few good units that come with lifetime traffic services. I'll be spending about twice as much to get a Garmin.

Sony lost out on this purchase and all other future purchases.

Suck it Sony!

Congrats Jenn.....

I looked around my house and there is nothing I own from Sony.....after this last fieasco, there never will be anything from Sony in my house.

Just got this email from Sony........notice the date they put on it. :wacko: I emailed them back and told them because of their crappy customer support, I want the order canceled. :angry:

Dear Martin,

Due to the large number of requests for this popular model, your estimated ship date has been delayed. I have checked on your order and see that the warehouse is expecting the product to arrive 01/05/2008 and your order should ship shortly thereafter.

You may continue to check your order status by going to www.sonystyle.com. Simply log on and click on "My Account." From there you can search for your order number and find the order status.

If this does not meet your needs and you would like to cancel this order, please respond to this e-mail or contact Sony Direct Customer Care at 1-877-865-7669.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you for choosing Sony Style!

Monique K

Sony Style Concierge

www.sonystyle.com

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Their latest reply......

Dear Martin McVicar,

I'm sorry but your order has already been processed for shipment so it is too late to cancel.

If you do not wish to keep the item, you may request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) online to send the parcel back to Sony Style. To obtain an RMA, log on www.sonystyle.com and click on Order History. From there, click on your order number and then the Return Items button. Enter the required information, and you will receive your RMA number and directions for the return.

When the items are received back at the Sony warehouse, we will process the credit. The credit will appear on your credit card statement within 1-2 billing cycles.

Thank you,

Monique K.

Sony Style Concierge

www.sonystyle.com

OMG - I wonder why they let me cancel my order? Weird.

I got 3 e-mails shortly after I sent an e-mail to their order support e-mail address.

The first was saying they canceled the unit stating the reason as I "changed my mind" (yeah right...... but not worth the fight)

The second stating they were to return the warranty which has already been charged, and credit my account.

And the third stating that the fiasco has been "resolved", apparently to their standards.

Regardless, I'm done.

I'll be ordering my Garmin today (mostly because our escrow overpayment check came in the mail yesterday and we weren't expecting so much). Yay.

Just got off the phone again after another hour and spoke to a guy named Hank....claims that the units are out of stock eventough the website shows they are in stock again.

Said he'd put a hold on my order and contact management to get back in touch with me.....

The fieasco continues. :angry:

just a heads up, i have purchased 4 refurbished units from buy.com in the past 3 months for family members all with text to speech for less than $90 each and added a squaretrade warranty for 7.99 each after discount. magellans, all updated ready to go and received within 2 days and

no problems.

I just ordered mine today and they confirmed that they have em in stock. It will ship out tomorrow.:banana:

New update........

I got an email from their shipping dept to let me know my order has finally shipped and should arrive on 1/8/09.

Happy that I'm finally going to get it, but still pissed for the fieasco in having to call them so many times and having to wait on-hold.

I got my credit back to my card today........

Todd Z

Todd,

I'll keep you posted on what I think of this unit once I get it hooked up, etc. Glad to hear you got your credit back on the service plan.

The sony account says that my warranty charge has been credited back. My CC account reflects otherwise though. It shows the charge, but not the credit. I'll give it another day to see if it shows up. Then, I'll be calling my CC company, not Sony, because I think they'll are much easier to work with.

Latest posts