Great deal on a GPS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello no! I just waited 10 minutes in a queue for an online rep. Started out 20th in line. Got down to 1 more in line, and they cancelled my request (not enough personnel available to take my request for chat). WTF! I feel sorry for the person I get on the phone now....

I've been on the phone now for 30 min. on hold. The other number I dialed, I got to speak with some guy from Iran, so we didn't understand eachother. Their background music sux.

well, I just called and they now have a recording saying to "call back later" that they are too busy now.

That was the one I tried. I called again and am now on hold.....again. And I think the music is a freaking conspiracy - They are trying to get people to hang up. That's some of the most annoying hold music I've ever heard.

coming up on 45 min hold now.... I need a drink with this crappy background Jazz music. :angry:

Just got thru......this guy I spoke with looked up the order and said it was approved today and should ship either tonight or tomorrow.......all this after being on hold for aprox 50 friggin min.

I just got through online (while I was waiting on the phone)

Basically he said they were having difficulty with the weather and their shipments lately and that my estimated ship date should be updated tonight.

Funny how each of us gets a different answer....and Todd gets $20. WTH Todd, did you threaten them or something?

I plan on doing a write up on their "Sonystyle" website/service. If the unit does ship, I hope to God that it works correctly......I don't want to have to end up going thru all this calling them back again.

Well, they said my order would be updated last night. I go there this morning and nothing has changed. They have completely removed the item from their online store and I decided to call again.

They open at 5am so I called at 5am their time. I've been on hold now for 30 minutes. This is ridiculous. I really think they blatantly ignore the calls holding to see if they'll hang up, and only pick up the phone after they realize the person is not going to hang up. I'm honestly on the verge of just canceling the order and buying elsewhere (there's lots of deals out there right now).

Yeah, I think a nice letter to Sony will be in my future as well.

**UPDATE** I just got off the phone with a Sony guy. He was honest and told me that the reason it is still processing is because the item did sell out and and they have to assess whether or not they have enough to fulfill the orders placed. Until that happens, they will not update my account. He said at this point, I will need to just wait for an update saying it has shipped, or that the item sold out.

So, Todd and DF, if you don't get updated to the status of "shipping" soon, then I wouldn't bet on getting one just yet.

Pretty ridiculous IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no word back from Sony........they did however send me a survey to fill out and I gave them a two thumbs down in my reply.

I've never bought anything in the past from Sony and it looks like I'll never buy anything again from them in the future. :angry:

DF, I got the same survey feedback request. I didn't give them a good review.

I am an avid Sony buyer/user, but this is by far the worst experience yet. The products are great, but the service leaves a lot to be desired.

If by tomorrow morning I get no update, I am going to call them and cancel my order. I may try to get them to give me the warranty for free if I buy the new version of the same GPS (NV-U74T) which is on sale for $150 and IN STOCK - for my trouble and not denounce them to all my friends/family. It has bluetooth too, so it may be worth the upgrade anyway.

I am also going to specifically ask to speak with someone who cares about the poor service (i.e. the different lies each time I contact them) I've received.

We'll see.

Keep me posted as to what you find out.....I don't want to have to call and wait to talk to someone again who will just lie about the status, etc.

Ok, so just called. I waited on hold for 35 minutes and hung up. So, I decided to call technical support (1-877-865-7669 Option 3). The guy I spoke to told me I called the wrong department, but took down my information and gave me a reference number, and get this TRANSFERED ME back to the customer service line where I only had to wait a MINUTE!

I talked to a rep who did what they all have done and just repeated to me what I could see with my own eyes on my order status - it's processing. I basically told him I was sick of being lied to and wanted to know what was going on, whether it was going to be sent or not so I could order a different one if needed. He "escalated" my query to the department that deals with warehouse stock, and they should e-mail me within 24 hours. We'll see if that happens - and what will they say? "We are not sure if the item is in stock. As soon as we know we will update your status." Yeah, sure, like I haven't heard that one before.....

If I don't hear anything definitive by tomorrow, I am canceling it and ordering a different model that's in stock.

Thx for the update....... I have no plans on getting frustrated in calling them again. If it doesn't go thru for me, I won't order another one from them and maybe having to deal with them for some other issue. They have a really lousy customer support which is something that would keep me from doing business with them in the future.

This is just laughable....

My status has sort of been updated.

I ordered the GPS unit and the extended 2 year warranty. Well, the warranty has now been updated to "shipped" but the unit is still "processing". According to the Sony website, once an item has shipped, it cannot be canceled. So, did they do this to keep me from canceling? Most likely. I told the guy yesterday that I would be canceling today if I didn't get some sort of an update. I guess they did update it....wow.

:angry:

Same here, they have charged my credit account for the extended warranty and the unit still shows proccessing. I have been on hold now for 1 hour and 35 min. :angry:

I sent an email requesting my order be canceled and my credit card credited the extended warranty or I'll be contacting an attorney.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you send an e-mail? When I tried earlier it wouldn't let me. It said my e-mail address was not in their system, so when I tried to set up a customer account, it said my e-mail address was already in their system.

Arg....I'm going to call that tech number and have them transfer me again. See if that can work a second time.

This is the email addy I found and used to send them email.... [email protected]

I just got off the phone after a 2 hour wait and spoke to some guy named Marlow....he gave me the run around and I demanded they cancel my account and refund the extended service plan......said they will contact me within 48 hrs by email......we'll see.

I also filed a complaint on consumeraffairs.com and asked for an atty to contact me.

Latest posts