Huckabee

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank screwyourednecks

Reaction score
Mike Huckabee.... courtin' the blue-hair contingency.

He actually makes me uncomfortable when I listen to him. Does he make anyone else here feel the same way?

Not Mike Huckabee....however, some do make me uncomfortable when I listen to them! LOL!

I do not support the fair tax. The only fair tax is the flat tax. Everyone pays 10%, 15%, 20%(pick a number) and their employer deducts and pays the Feds from their checks. No filing of income tax forms or any reason to have 2/3 of the IRS. The only people who file are self employed and drug dealers/underworld crime types. The remaining IRS would go after the drug dealers/underworld crime types who don't pay. Accountants wouldn't like this plan either...

'07 ST

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not support the fair tax. The only fair tax is the flat tax. Everyone pays 10%, 15%, 20%(pick a number and their employer deducts and pays the Feds from the ir checks. No filing of income tax forms or any reason to have 2/3 of the IRS. The only people who file are self employed and drug dealers/underworld crime types. The remaining IRS would go after the drug dealers/underworld crime types who don't pay. Accountants wouldn't like this plan either...

I used to think the flat tax was good, until i read the fair tax details, the flat tax wouldn't allow those here illegally to pay their share, as well as people that are working under the table.

The flat tax sounds easy, but it's not the fairest imo...The fair tax is the only way to go...

He actually makes me uncomfortable when I listen to him. Does he make anyone else here feel the same way?

He is a minister...maybe you are feeling guilty Frank...:bwahaha:

I do not understand how anyone can be against the fair tax. With the fair tax, there would be no IRS. You pay taxes on the money you spend. If you spend alot of money, you pay alot of taxes. There is no filing at all.

Best of all, illegals pay taxes. With the flat tax, illegal will continue to use our schools, safety services, etc. and still never pay a penny in taxes.

People hiring illegals will be a thing of the past because who would be willing to work under the table when you still pay your fair share of taxes?

Tom

And if you don't spend it, you don't get taxed on it. Thus it would encourage savings....

and it will bring 15 trillion dollars corporation have overseas, and bring it back to our economy...yes TRILLIONS!!!!

I'm a bit leery of Huckabee myself.

With the fair tax, there would be no IRS.

There has to be someone to go and collect the taxes, and make sure that businesses are levying them on their customers, at the behest of said someone. There will be less IRS, perhaps, but there will still be IRS.

(Note that I'm a proponent of said fair tax over the current clusterF, though the fairest tax is NO income tax.)

:eek:fftopic:

What will the legions of unemployed accountants do? Maybe they'll be able to compete with Indian outsourcing; I've never been too comfortable with the idea of outsourcing your bookkeeping to a foreign nation, especially after the fiasco that is outsourcing software development & tech support.

:soap::back2topic:

Bud.. I certainly understand why you are a Hick a bee fan. Hes from the south and he is for trying to invoke jesus into politics. Neither thing has anything to do with being an effective politician though. It IS what probably what creeps me out about the guy though.

As fas as feeling guilty... I dont know what you mean Bud. My belief in the first ammendment (seperation of church and state) does not mean I am not religious. Also, I am quite sure I have nothing to feel guilty about?? Try to elaborate (if you can) on this one. Huck abee just creeps me out. He comes off (to me) as a little dangerous. Like a snake oil salesman. His show (on Fox no less) is nothing short of a revival. CREEEEPY

So far, I'd have to choose Huckabee over Mittens Romney. Mitten's choice of underwear freaks me out.

Frank said:
Bud.. I certainly understand why you are a Hick a bee fan. Hes from the south and he is for trying to invoke jesus into politics.

With statements like that, you essentially "flip the Bozo switch" on yourself, Frank.

Even though you may be smart, and may have a valuable opinion, when you stoop to name calling and snide remarks, you essentially lose all credibility...with me anyways.

BTW, I have Christian fundamentalist "friends" that before the last election said similar things about Obama. They felt "freaked out" by him, and felt he was the antichrist. I told them that such opinions, when given voice, essentially paint them as narrow-minded children, scared by and with the only recourse to villify that which they cannot agree with or otherwise appreciate on any level.

Right is right, wrong is wrong. Huckabee is a fine person. He doesn't deserve the narrow-minded insults you throw his way.

My dad once told me: "Grow up or shut up." Was one of the best pieces of advice he ever gave me.

TJR

you essentially "flip the Bozo switch" on yourself

TJR, I'm sure you know that the origin of that phrase is LONG outdated (over 24 years), and that the book discussing the principle (Dynamics of Software Development) is from 1995.

I'm scared that I actually remember what you're talking about with this phrase.

It's sort of a weak metaphor as the bozo bit was easily switched by savvy users; it was hilariously ineffective. So if you flip on Frank's "bozo bit", going with the metaphor he could effortlessly turn it off and be back in discussion with you.

:soap:

That miniature tirade aside, I am inclined to agree. When all you do is throw around poorly conceived ad hominem insults for a candidate, it's beyond difficult entertain your discussion. As they say, "Don't feed the Trolls".

"Mittens Romney" might actually be a crappier derisive name than "faux news", which fails as a pun on every level.

:back2topic:

KL,

I remember that particular bozo bit reference and have heard it (bozo bit, bozo switch) in many other references since, and possibly even before. I think I have been using it since college (circa late 80s). Of course, I didn't invent it. I suspect it, and other computer terms (like ghost in the machine; and garbage in, garbage out) will likely be attributed to various sources, but still have some controversy as to their actual origin.

TJR

TJR, I don't think that the bozo bit's origin is disputed. Apple copy protection "plan" until 1987.

The internet actually seems to agree on the genesis of the phrase, even the wiki article is uncontested. Doesn't prove much, but it corroborates well enough.

I'm pretty sure "bozo bit" will be forgotten like Sputnik was, sigh.

(And die out like horse racing will)

...I'd already forgotten about "ghost in the machine". At first, I was thinking "Isn't that the thing that inspired the movie The Matrix?", but then I remembered. It's scary that terms once common are all but dead.

"Nothing is constant save change itself" --Heraclitus

I used to watch Huckabee and like him as a politician and human being, but his show is kinda too slow moving for my tastes. I prefer Hannity and Bill O'Reilly, much more fast paced.

But i do think Huckabee is a genuine good guy.

I don't have cable or sat so I don't get anything but the local channels. I have limited exposure to Mike H. He does show up on talk radio and nothing he has said has scared me.

I have to agree regarding the name calling. While I don't like the policies of our president I still try to refer to him as President Obama. Sometimes I slip and just call him Obama. I never use terms like Obummer or Libtards or whatever and when I see folks using these terms I tend to start to gloss over what they are saying.

Some name calling I can accept, as it helps vent frustration.

But so much today goes over the line. I saw a bumper sticker on a car near my ST last Friday which read:

"Obama"

"Obama"

"Obama"

"Oh F#&*"

(Note that it actually said the "Four letter word starting with the 6th letter of the alphabet".)

I agree with the sentiment, but I'd like it to be presented with a little more class. Crassness undermines the cause IMO.

He doesn't believe in the science of evolution, which is troubling, which means he will probably reject the science of global warming or any other science which could cause concern for corporate interests. I also think his position as a self-titled "Christian leader" implies some special type of status for Christianity which I find unappealing. He seems like a very personable guy, but won't be my choice.

TJR Huckabee has stated many times that his top priority in public service is to bring the masses closer to Jesus through legislation. Also, show me where there is name calling in my post??? Dude- come on. Yer better than that!

Latest posts