Huh?!?!?!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look TJR

Since you consider yourself the self appointed CEO of the MYST rude patrol.

Lets see if you can digest this:

My, as you call it, blatant lack of respect for an individual, is none of your buisiness.

Now that you have said your piece, let me say mine,Mind your own buisiness.

Do you understand what I just said? I hope so. have a nice day:):smack:

Bill,

Whatever.

Attacking people by calling them names is simply, as I said, rude. Your last post with nothing more than additional belittling, childlike rudeness.

You could have simply said you don't want to get into it.

I see need to go through life being a wedge (the most crude form of tool).

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
TJR,

I have to agree with Bill on this one.

He said that it was "My issue, not yours proffesor"... The Professor part was not necessary but you do have a tendancy to try and do a phyco analysis on people that many find offensive. I think your insistance that Bill explain his lack of respect for someone is as he said, "None of your business" and it was Rude for you to continue to press the issue.

You are an intelligent guy and contribute a lot of common sense and logical thinking into the debates here, but you need to stop treating others here like they are simply lab rats you are studying for a science project.

You may be honestly interested in why people think and act the way they do, but realize that most people are not interested in being disected by you... Don't rephrase what people say to extract a different meaning, or reinterpret what you think they mean, Just take it for what its worth, and move on. You are not going to change anybody here or make any big phsycological breakthroughs on this website.

...Rich

Calling me professor WAS rude and obnoxious.

TJR, calling you professor was both a jab and a compliment. Bill recognizes your intelligence, but finds your need to teach, correct, or "dissect", annoying.

You could have simply said you don't want to get into it.

not being Rude, just mind your own business, simple enough guy?

Asked, and answered...

RichardL, Les,

Thanks for chiming in. No problem. People here can continue to be rude, people here can continue to take that attitude that authority shouldn't be respected, and that this place needn't be civil. People here can do that.

For me, though, I'll treat people the way my mom, and my kindergarten and Sunday school teachers taught me.

Also, I'll try to tone down my need to UNDERSTAND why other's don't feel the same way I do and treat people the same way. It bewilders me, but I guess that's MY ISSUE.

Instead, I'll just recognize that some people are RUDE and won't change, and hopefully there are fewer of them, not more of them in this world. I guess I'll never be able to understand WHY, and certainly won't be able to change things, especially if people take a LEAVE IT ALONE attitude to such bad behavior.

I guess I'm just not a defeatist when in comes to bad behavior. I like first to understand it, then I can figure out if it is justified, or if it can be changed. The fact that this pisses some off, to me, means that they KNOW they are doing wrong, they just don't want to discuss it. That's "sweep it under the rug" stuff, of which I don't prescribe.

Go ahead folks. Continue pi$$ing in one another's Cheerios and calling it sugar. You get the world, and the website you deserve.

P.S. Just so you all understand a little of my motivation... I am genuinely interested in and concerned with lack of respect, civility, and the increased hate in this country. Many seem to have an attitude that respect has to be earned and is not something that is given automatically and then can be lost. Many people seem to believe they can say and do whatever they want, even if it means sticking it to the other guy's wallet or feelings. People openly say they "hate" this person, or that person. Personally, I've yet to meet someone I hate, or someone that I have lost (all) respect for.

Shouldn't we ALL live like that? Seriously? Why DON'T WE? Has life/environment/upbringing killed the good qualities in many out there.

Good night, and good luck.

TJR

No need for the long winded diatribe TJR.

Just learn to respect peoples wishes,I:E, If I tell you multible times to mind your own business, get a clue and mind your own business.

Am certain your mama also taught you that, just do so.

Bill,

Fair enough.

Can you also do me a solid?

Might I suggest you not bring up things you don't want to discuss on an OT board? And, if you do and someone starts to talk to you about something you said you politely indicate you don't want to discuss it if that is the case.

I suggest that because this whole "my business" stance when you put something out in a public OT forum seems a little strange to me. Kinda like being naked on your front lawn and being pissed if people drive by and stare.

Thanks,

TJR

Consider this post not to exsist.

You have the last word, you are the winner of your contest. having the last word is your sole purpose in life TJR.

Now go get a life and mind your own business, if doing so is not possible, Than I suggest you stay off the OT brds, Painfully the OT brds are more than you can handle.

Remember, this post is not visible.

Bill,

Why can't you have a conversation without personal attacks?

I'm not looking for the last word. Seriously, I am not. I'm not looking to win, because I don't see this as a contest. You asked for something from me, I said I would comply, I asked for something in return. That's how adults have a dialogue and come to understandings and agreements.

The OT boards are not more than I can handle. I'm not bent at all. I actually CAN have an intelligent, unemotional conversation on them without getting all bent out of shape. Seems others can't from some of the threads that have started here, and spun off here. I'm not calling people names. I'm not personally attacking people.

Furthermore, and you seem to ignore this point consistently, I *AM* minding my own business. Once you put something out in the public, in an OT forum, it BECOMES topic of discussion, it becomes everyone's business. We can agree to disagree on that point, but its a very good point nonetheless.

If you don't want something discussed then don't bring it up in the first place.

Really simple!

For example, I might feel compelled in conversation on a thread here to say: "I think Tiger Woods is a real douchebag."

If someone then asked my WHY I felt that way, I wouldn't get bent out of shape that the question was asked, nor would I feel it is an invasion of privacy to ask the question. I would actually anticipate the question being asked, since it was I that made the assertion in the first place.

Do you even come CLOSE to seeing my point? Not conciding the point...not even saying I am right; but just recognizing the point as one of potential merit?

If we are going to say/assert things here, why, oh why can't they be discussed? And if they can't, what the heck is the point of saying them in the first place? Who gets to decide what we say is and isn't personal, and can't be discussed? I'm fine if its the original contributor that makes that call, but then, if they don't want to discuss something after having said it, just say so with civility.

I really don't see that I'm being a tool here!

TJR

All,

WAIT! I think I just got it.

Maybe there is a larger issue here than a few people not being able to discuss topics in a civil manner.

Maybe we have different understandings of how threaded discussions "should" work.

I was under the understanding that a threaded discussion had many people talking, like real people at a cocktail party, where anyone can overhear and contribute, and comment on whatever anyone says.

Maybe others here have a different view of the boards. Maybe there view is that though the threads are public, the conversations within are person to person, and more one-to-one. With that view "butting in", asking questions, and steering the conversation into subtopics, etc, is simply rude...and not "minding one's own business."

Is *THAT* the issue here? Is there a fundamental difference of understanding of the expected interaction dynamics on these boards?

Asking a serious question!

TJR

TJR, in general, I agree with the vast majority of what you said regarding the nature of threaded posts and things like that. But here's where I think you're missing the boat--

You told Bill:

Don't get bent when people discuss things you post.

right after he had simply said:

My issue, not yours proffesor.

Now maybe you take that differently than me (and, apparently, others), but that didn't come across to me as "getting bent". To me, reading between the lines, it came across as "I prefer not to discuss it here." But apparently you didn't read it that way, and continued to push on. If you had just left it at that, none of the rest of this mess would have occurred. Regarding the "proffesor" comment--It came across to me as being more an attempt at folksy conversation than anything else.

You also told Bill:

Might I suggest you not bring up things you don't want to discuss on an OT board?

If by "things", you're referring to Bill saying that he doesn't have respect for Rich--read back through the posts, and you'll see that he's not the one who brought it up at all. It was Caymen who first opened that topic when he asked Bill,

Was your IP blocked from accessing or did you respect Rich's wished and not make posts?

And Bill responded with an indication that it was indeed an IP block, and was not the result of respect for Rich, simply because no such respect exists. Again, I thought it was worded well, in that it completely answered Caymen's question, but in a way that, to me, made clear that he wasn't going to discuss it further.

Maybe this is simply one of those cases where internet communication sucks when compared to face-to-face, simply because you lose nearly all sense of context. Most of the time, I find the complaints about you that some people repeatedly make on this board utterly ridiculous, without merit, and far more reflectant on the people making them than on you. But this time--sorry, but bill and others have a point.

Maybe others here have a different view of the boards. Maybe there view is that though the threads are public, the conversations within are person to person, and more one-to-one. With that view "butting in", asking questions, and steering the conversation into subtopics, etc, is simply rude...and not "minding one's own business."

Is *THAT* the issue here? Is there a fundamental difference of understanding of the expected interaction dynamics on these boards?

Asking a serious question!

Serious answer to your serious question--

No, I don't think that's it. I think it's fine to ask follow up questions, "butt in", steer conversation to subtopics, etc. But if those questions, subtopics, etc., are directed at someone (singular or plural) specific, and in their response, they indicate (be it directly or indirectly, politely or rudely) that they don't wish to pursue those questions and subtopics with you, then it's time to drop it.

That's what I believe bill was doing when he said, "My issue, not yours proffesor." It might not have been the most direct way of saying it, but I thought that the reason he wasn't more direct was an attempt to AVOID being rude--although apparently you interpretted it exactly oppositely. Either way, you continued to pursue it--and I think that's the issue here.

TJR,

Again, I think you are over-analysing this. People are people and nobody is perfect and we don't live in a perfect word.

Some people here try to joke and some people can't take a joke. Some people are too think skinned and see an insult in almost everything someone writes here.

Not everyone has your mastery of the English language and have such proper and precise meanings to every word....which is what Bill was probably eluding to with his "Professor" remark. I don't think Bill should have used "Professor", but I don't think that would considered and insult by most peoples standards?

In a perfect world everyone would talk in a manner that you would find pleasant and interesting. But we don't live in a perfect world and people are a product of the environment they were raised in. Rudeness has replaced politeness. Manners, honor and respect have all but disappeared.

I hope you continue to keep your manners and desire not to insult people, but realize that you cannot change others unless they want to change, otherwise it will only bring more resentment.

...Rich

I hope you continue to keep your manners and desire not to insult people, but realize that you cannot change others unless they want to change, otherwise it will only bring more resentment.

Some people here try to joke and some people can't take a joke. Some people are too thin skinned and see an insult in almost everything someone writes here.

Insert sarcastic line here....

Kinda like the current administration and the Health Reform Act...Change you can believe in...:banana:

Personally, I've yet to meet someone I hate, or someone that I have lost (all) respect for.

Come and work with me for a couple of days and I will introduce you to a whole batch of people to hate and have absolutley no respect for. No charge brother, my treat.

Gerry Mac

Gerry,

Though it's certainly none of my business and I don't mean to get personal, might I be allowed to ask where it is that you work that you are subjected to such people?

TJR

Latest posts