I want bigger rims/tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Hart

Reaction score
Question: What is the largest size rim and or tire you can run on the Sport Trac. I don't really want to get into the whole body lift thing simply because I don't have anyone near me who does that kind of modification work. Without a body lift..........how big? Thanks!!!

I just put on 265/65/18. Check out my library. I am also using wheel spacers on all corners too[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an '08, that I ordered 275/45-20 tires on BOSS 327 rims, 8.5 inches wide. These will fit with no rubbing or wheel spacers. And no change in the ride hieght. Good luck, Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really want to get into the whole body lift thing simply because I don't have anyone near me who does that kind of modification work.

I've got a guy in Wilmington who will be doing a Superlift for me. If you're interested, I can provide you his information.

I'm running 265/75/16's, had them on before the TT & lift shackles and after. Going up to 285/75/16's soon since I just put a body lift on mine. I think I wouldve been better off paying Trucks n Stuff $500 to install it but I've heard bad things about them from a guy with a Ranger they body lifted so I decided to just do it mysef.

Yeah, I'm just wondering what Ford says is the largest you can run without risking damage to the comp system or the abs system. I'm kicking around a whole new wheel/tire package now that I have the cap installed and want to go as large as possible without any mods. Thanks again!!!

Stock wheel set-up with no rubbing - 265/75's

Stock wheel set-up with trimming needed and possibly minor rubbing - 285/75's

If you go down to a 15" wheel, I believe 31's would work.

All of these would look/ride/feel better with at least a TT/Shackle lift.

Here's mine with 265/75's and a TT/Shackle lift:

[Broken External Image]:

Oh yeah, and most reputable tire shops advised against 285/75's... Some wouldn't do it at all. So, to answer your question, I think the largest size without risking damage according to Ford/most tire shops would be 265/75's.

Latest posts