Oil pressure sensor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Roncarati

Reaction score
I've got the problem with the oil pressure sensor sticking. Is this really simple to replace? I've searched the forum and I found that I should take off the front left tire and it's in there somewhere. Is it easy to find/take out? I work on aircraft, but somehow don't have the confidence to do anything "under the hood" of my Trac.

Thanks!

It is one of those pain in the butt type jobs but not a hard job. Make sure you get the updated sensor from Ford. I am not sure if the auto-part world has the updated sensor or if their sensor is designed directly off the OEM unit...

really easy and really cheap. I think it was less than 10 bucks and took less then 30 mins, ill see if i can get out and take a pic of it for you

wooohoo your in luck...i just did this same job two weekends ago so i am an "expert" lol Here in canada this sensor cost me twenty bucks (that is including our taxes) so yes it is a cheap part. If you take off your front left tire you will see a little white plug near the front of the block with two wires sticking out of it. this is it. the only problem i had as i am a big man was getting my chubby arms into get this unthreaded from the block. however it was easy to do and the new one was in in minutes. All that said and done it was not too hard a job and is easy for a guy to do it himself...good luck hope this helps

Latest posts