PIONEER DVD/GPS SYSTEM

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob C

You 1st offered 500, Herb offered 550. I said 1st person to accept 600 gets it. Herb was first to reply on myst.com. I followed his request and posted pics in my library, and sent him an email. We agreed on payment and shipping, done deal. In the meantime, you are trying to send me emails after the 600 was accepted. Did you read the posts on myst.com?? You didnt post anything else until this morning. I went with the first offer of acceptance.

Hockeyfan,

It seems that its you that hasnt read the posts here.

You are very mistaken about how this went down. My post that stated "hockeyfan, i sent you an email to the address listed in your profile, please get back to me, robc at fusemail dot com. thanks" was done at midnight last night, so this isnt a matter of not responding to you soon enough. And that post was obviously left after sending you the two emails that curiously will show a response before HDoctor if you check them.

The way it was clearly left with HDoctor was for you to send him an email, with pics, etc.

I was even more proactive than he was by contacting YOU several times, both on the board and at your personal email address, and raising my offer.

Its one thing if you want to screw yourself like you have, but dont insult my intelligence and imply that I wasnt on top of this. You simply did not pay attention to anything after HDoctor made you jump through hoops and I would appreciate you admitting that instead of implying that I didnt do something right so its my fault I missed out.

robc, can you say "SORE LOSER"?? I have never seen anybody cry so much in my life. Throw in the towel and give it up. Herb accepted my offer of 600, so we both contacted each other back and forth. I wasnt trying to sneak in a few more offers to back his up. I went with his acceptance, and he is following thru. If at any time during our communicating that it became apparent that it wasnt going to work, I would have contacted you, being that you were 2nd to jump on my offer. Unfortunately, you emailed me instead of posting on here, where I was conducting the sale. As soon as I get home, I will check my email,and find out that you probably did email me, but again, IT WAS AFTER HERB AND I AGREED AND EMAILED EACH OTHER AND I POSTED MY PICS. So sit down, take a deep breath, and relax. You lose.

No, youve lost,

i never said you were trying to sneak in other offers, so i dont know why your even bring that up. i was willing to pay more than you wanted to make it worth your while. and how can you be emailing herbie back and forth for pics and not get mine??

the problem is that you didnt handle this appropriately, and thats ok. I have the means to instantly go to crutchfields website and purchase any electronic my heart desires, trust me.

its the pricinple behind it, im surprised others havent joined in to add their 2 cents worth but its obvious i missed out, and yes i lost the deal, but the point to be made is not at my fault but rather your own.

so as i stated above, you lose as well, by not handling this appropriately. and instead of being apologetic about it and just saying it is what it is, you attempt to further discredit me in your last post. i hope your deal doesnt fall through because at this point i refuse to purchase it so you can take me off of your "next in line" list. good luck, youll probably need it at some point.

p.s. dont let your brother read this post, he'll probably punch you in the eye for how it went.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff said it how it was. I took the $600 offer 3 minutes after it was posted. Seeing pics of the Item I was paying $600 for is just a normal thing to make sure it is what it is said to be. You would have to be stupid to not want pics of something you are going to pay $600 for. Email has nothing to do with it, did he say email me with the offers or email me to accept the $600 offer, no! It would have been wrong if he accepted the higher offer from you after we agreed on the $600. Jeff is honest and fair or he would have grabbed your offer after it was already sold to me. If you can buy it from Crutchfield then go do so and stop making yourself look foolish because you didn't jump on the $600 offer first.

HDoctors,

no matter how you slice it, your wrong, enjoy your win! hope the accident didnt loosen any of the critical connections inside...

robc

It tears me apart inside to see how upset you are over this. I really feel bad that you didnt post an acceptance on myst.com before Herb, but I'll say it again, get over it! Go to Crutchfield and buy one, like you said and shut up. I wouldnt sell it to someone as dishonest and anal as you anyway. If you would have said "I'll take it" first, then you and I would be talking more civilized, and someone else would be upset, although I doubt anyone would act like you have. I hope everyone else reading this has gotten a feel for what kind of person you are. Trying to offer more money to me after I already had a deal agreed upon makes you look like the ass. I dont care if you offered me $1800 for it, A DEAL IS A DEAL!! I STICK TO MY WORD!! READ THIS PART AGAIN, OBVIOUSLY YOU MISSED IT THE FIRST TIME. "FIRST PERSON TO ACCEPT $600 TAKES IT"

you were 2nd.

end of story.

and thanks, Herb. I wish more people were as honest as you.

Jeff

hockeyfan,

this is what the source of irritation is,

can you please explain MY DISHONESTY HERE?

seems to me that your just pissed you missed the opportunity because you were distracted by emailing pictures and chasing down a potential sale, so we both agree, its a loss. but where the hell do you get off calling me dishonest?

i have both purchased and sold more things on this site than most members

oh and im real sure people will question my moral character, for offering to buy something for more money...especially when there was no announcement on this site that you accepted HDoctors offer or that the terms were worked out. NOT THAT YOUR ORIGINAL POST SAID BEST OFFER RIGHT? yeah thats how it works in this world, retard

Gotta keep it goin, dont ya.

Why would I be "pissed"? I sold something for what I was asking for it? Actually, I'm kinda happy. With the exception of YOU, the whole thing is going pretty smooth. You say that you are "irritated" and we can all tell, using big words like "retard". How old are you?? My six year old has better manners. We all get upset when we dont get what we want, I guess some of us just go a little WHACKO!! I wasnt distracted emailing back and forth like you say. If you know how to read, then follow these instructions: use your mouse and scroll back to the top of this message, look where I posted "pics are in my library". I simply inserted the pics and emailed Herb to let him know to look. I think that is when is I called it a night, assuming I had a deal with Herb. Oh, and speaking of your moral character, I guess its ok to be calling someone else a "retard" several times?? Yeah, thats a great example!

Also, I am impressed like hell that you say that you have bought and sold more things on this site than most members. Hopefully others will read this and learn. I think an honest seller is better than a dishonest, irritated buyer!

it will keep going as long as you continue to make nonsensicle replies.

"I wasnt distracted emailing back and forth like you say. If you know how to read, then follow these instructions: use your mouse and scroll back to the top of this message, look where I posted "pics are in my library". I simply inserted the pics and emailed Herb to let him know to look."

lets see who is being dishonest here, you WERENT distracted emailing back and forth, and I obviously do know how to read otherwise we wouldnt be having this discussion, but yet you email Herbie to let him know to look? So you didnt email him but you did?

I dont care how you missed my communications but the fact remains you did, just own up to it instead of attacking ME for trying to do YOU a better deal!

you failed to answer my question above, where you call me dishonest. this issue has escalated because instead of admitting your fault, you are trying to assassinate my character and call me dishonest, which incidently youve yet to explain how you come to that conclusion. someone that handles things as you do is obviously a retard, or someone of diminished mental capacity.

i await your reply so we can continue this further.

Um.....wow.....not cool

someone that handles things as you do is obviously a retard, or someone of diminished mental capacity

I would love to continue and entertain you Rob, but my mental capacity has diminished. I guess I am a retard. But the fact remains, you are bitter and irritated over not beating out Herb to get the Pioneer. I still dont see an offer on this board from you offering more than $500. Why are you so hateful??? You said you could buy anything you wanted. Go get you one.

Do you have any other amusing words in you extended vocabulary you wish to call me?? If so let me hear them, I could use a good laugh!

Rob, have a wonderful day!!

hockeyfan,

although i did call you a retard, it wasnt my original intent. that came about as a result of you calling me DISHONEST which you cannot prove or backup, versus my calling you a retard which i think was proven in your handling of the matter. any irritation on my part was not concerning missing out on the deal but rather you and Herbies implications that i was trying to backdoor or otherwise be dishonest.

i regret that this went off in this direction, i enjoy this board and the members too much to do anything to ruin it. but my intention was simply to make a point, yes i missed out, but not at any fault of my own. its one thing if you dont agree and dont feel you should apologize or could have handled it differently, but the last thing you should have done was insult my character here. ive been a member for too long to deserve that for no reason.

i think its a stand up thing to stick to your perceived agreement with Herbie. Nobody is acusing you of being dishonest but obviously you feel you gave your word and you kept it, good for you, thats admirable. attacking or acusing me of screwing up a better deal between us isnt. that was the point. hug? or are you a hand shaker?

Robc

I will agree that this bantering back and forth is ridiculous, and needs to stop. But calling me a retard for the way I handled things is a bit extreme. You never once accepted my offer of 600 on this site, where it was listed at. I never expected someone to email me an offer via email. Similarily on EBAY, you make your offers on their website, and conduct business there, not emailing. If that were the case, I would have said to email me your offers. On ebay, when you hit the "buy it now" button, its yours. Nobody should be able to come in and take it from you with an offer of more money. I was just looking after the buyer, not wanting to screw him. Either way, I was screwed because I was going to piss one of you guys off. Unfortunately, it was you. I didnt intend for it to happen this was. My was of handling this was not retarded, I was being fair to the first person with an offer. Thats why I called you dishonest. I have bought and sold many items myself, and when someone comes in the "backdoor" and tries to "sweeten" the deal with a little extra money, its bound to piss someone off. Sure, the extra money would be great, but I'm sure you agree that it would have been unfair to Herb to tell him that I cant sell it to you for 600 now because someone else after you offered me 675. I will apologize for the dishonest phrase if you take back the retarded comment. Truce??

robc and HOCKEYFAN- you wondered if anyone had their 2 cents- here's mine: Hdoctors won the item by being first to agree to the asking price HOCKEYFAN offered. It was run like an Ebay auction where a "Buy it Now" price is added after the auction begins, and first man to hit the button wins. As the seller, HOCKEYFAN was entitled to sell the item as he saw fit and to change the terms if he desired, at anytime before the final sale. Robc, your disappointment is understandable, but your posts seem to show someone who is angry, bitter and unable to accept a loss. Your statements that you can go on Crutchfield and buy the item anytime were irrelevant - no one implied you are not a man of means. The tone of the discussion worsened markedly after you called what HOCKEYFAN did "retarded" without provocation, refused to accept his explanation, and said his brother would "punch him in the eye"??? It was only then he called you dishonest- and now he is willing to retract that. I hope you can shake hands online and part amicably. I don't know anyone involved here, just adding an impartial opinion.PS- Please don't advocate punching anyone in the eye- I'm on call for the ER this weekend!

Thanks for you comments Lasik1.

I just got home from work and checked my email, and robc did email me an offer at 11:48 pm. To throw another wrench in things, there is another email from Sboss at 10:27 accepting my offer, and says he will pay 600 if Herb doesnt come thru. As of now, the DVD/GPS is sold, awaiting on payment from Herb. I do not take Paypal, so he is sending a check which I should receive next week. I apologize for not specifying the myst. website to conduct the sale. I was not able to check my email from 10pm last night until 5 pm today. I assumed all offers would be posted on this board, thats were I posted it. And sorry to Sboss, I havent heard back from you, so I will send you an email letting you know the status. I dont believe robc is interested any more, but I will keep you posted if you are still interested. Sorry for all the chaos, again, just trying to be fair to Herb and everyone else.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Latest posts