Shutdown- No End in Sight?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That obama clip is just too darn funny. This could have been made into an anti-obama campaign ad in 2012...

I notice that he just says "Bush" and not "President Bush".

Yes, that clip of Obama was right on target and points to his lies to get elected. Once he got elected all he has done is spend money...and that's the whole point of the Congress not wanting to pass his budget.

Also it points out that he does blame G W Bush for the risen debt. In another post here, someone said that they did not believe that Obama ever blamed G W Bush by name. Perhaps they need to view this video clip a few more times since this is not the only time he blamed Bush for the problems he claims he inherited.

...Rich

Ya Gavin, all the stores in the Mall are open for business except The Gap....That's the gap between the Democrat's and Republican's ears. :bwahaha:

...Rich

The Old Navy is definitely open.

The Dollar Store is printing 'em like crazy.

Banana Republic is quickly becoming the cornerstone store of the whole mall.

There's also lots of places the common man can get a haircut.

The Mall needs to be visited by the White House and Capital Building occupants. Maybe something they see from the history of the nation becoming great will shame them into getting their heads out of their alleyways.

The Old Navy is definitely open.

The Dollar Store is printing 'em like crazy.

Banana Republic is quickly becoming the cornerstone store of the whole mall.

There's also lots of places the common man can get a haircut.

Thanks a bunch! I just spit up coffee all over my keyboard reading this! :cry:

Our beloved President has opened up the Camp David Golf Course and the Washington Mall, but you haters mock him. I must point out that he has also allows individuals to view Mount Rushmore at 60 MPH, allows fish to swim from the closed Ocean to the open Ocean, and suffered the closure of the White House phone system.

Help me out here Frank.

Those killed in combat since the shutdown are not getting proper burials, either. It's at the expense of the families at the moment. Happening today.

Hugh,

I was surprised that the cost of transporting a soldier killed in action, from their duty station back to the USA was to be paid by the Family of the deceased soldier??? The military sent him there and they should pick up all the cost associated with returning him to the USA for burial. This must be something new since I retired from the military in 1983.

Congressional Republicans claim that these expenses should be paid under their recent Military pay bill that insures that all military will be paid all military pay and allowances....They are going to further clarify this with a new bill today that specifically addresses military members killed in the line of duty that their families will receive the $100K payment for expenses incurred by the members death.

It appears to me that the Obama Administration is shutting down the government in such a manner to inflict the most pain on the military just to gain political support for his squandering of taxpayers money. This needs to be stopped immediately.

I also support the Republican Congress in trying to limit Obama's spending while approving the continued spending and support for our military and civilians. Obama just wants and all or nothing deal which he will never get!!

...Rich

I can see why obama worked so hard to suppress the military vote in 2012 as after what he's done to the military since then (and, honestly, before then) only the most moronic could vote for anyone tied to him.

Then again, he's also working to drive anyone who isn't a moron away from the military.

Sorry, I mistyped in my haste of leaving for work. I meant that the family had to cover their portion of getting there, etc.

I guess I may have misunderstood when they said that the $100K was for transportation expenses. Those are the expenses the family may have to pay to include transportation and funeral expenses, etc....not the shipping the soldier's remains back home.

...Rich

Why couldn't they have waited until late on Friday to cave in and reopen the government? :banghead:

Now I have to drive in the extremely heavy traffic to close out the week. There were fewer accidents and idiot drivers when the government was shut down. It might be because there were fewer cars in general on the road, but I think that the "non-essential" government employees suffer from a special kind of stupid. :cry:

KL,

I'm guessing that they had to extend the debt ceiling and pay the debts by Midnight or China would forclose on the US and start selling off our assets...:bwahaha:

I wondered just how many bills were due at 00:01 am Thursday morning. Why couldn't they have agreed to pay those bills while they worked out the details.

Remember, round-2 starts January 14th, and we will have to live through all this political crap again. :angry: That's why I think we should ban political parties since they only serve to polarize the nation.

I did see an interesting survey on CNN. They pointed out that the majority of the people are not Democrats or Republicans as the two parties would like you to believe, especially on election night when all you see is the US map with Red and Blue states?

A recent survey shows that the majority of the people are very moderate and middle of the road (exactly what I have said for years). 51% of Americans do not claim to be Liberal or Conservative, do not back either party and have different opinions and views on different issues.

Only 21% claimed to be Liberal and 28% claimed they were Conservative. Political parties are only another Special Interest Group that the politicians use to get elected...without their financial support you have little chance of getting elected, and when you do, you have to follow the party line as repayment for getting you elected...That's why I say they are just another Special Interest Group.

The 51% majority of the Americans have no candidate or party to support their moderate views, and why nobody in Washington knows how to compromise to get things done

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts