The big three are in the tank

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My predictions:

1) The govt will bail out the big three with a booster shot of cash, and it will happen before year-end.

2) The bail out money will come with no strings attached, so nothing will change within GM, Ford, Chrysler...they will continue to do their BAU, badly.

3) This will infuse the companies for a few quarters, but they will have learned nothing and this will only delay the inevitable.

TJR

It would be nice to be able to block people like Tim.

I really don't want to read his spew.

I've always heard that name calling just proves low or absence of intellect.

Tim is a perfect example of that theory.

Maybe if we ignore him, he will just go away. ;)

Wow. This thread delivers.

I have not been here long but I've seen some of the crap Bill posts. Even though I think 95% of his posts are 100% biased opinion stated like fact and relatively painful to read due to the raping of the English language, the guy has a right to say whatever he wants.

Even though I've been here a short time I already expect certain people to post certain types of comments. Now that's not to say that when Bill says something wacky, or when Gary S belts out some Toyota lemming wannabe stuff I don't get annoyed. Now that I’ve been here a few months, I just laugh because I see the posts coming a mile away.

You can't argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

TJR is right on, a bailout will do nothing but stave off the inivetable.

The big 3 do not have enough time to re-tool and build cars that todays buyers want. and need.

We have a lull in gas prices, is just that, a lull. gas will go back up again, perhaps higher than before when the American people go back to there old ways.

Building Challangers, cameros and other Hypo cars for the nitch market is stuipidy at it finest.

car makers need to sell millions of cars to get profitabe again, not just a few hundred thousand at most.

American auto makers have priced themselves out of the global market with shoddy goods.

Look back on the past 100 yrs.

America was once the leader in shipbuilding, steel production, textiles, the cattle industry, the lumber industry, Crude oil production, is all gone now, ask yourself why?

We cannot continue to pay the wages auto industry workers demand (plus benis)

germany can build V.Ws in mexico paying a worker 20 bux a day, no wonder they are making money, sadley they also turn out better products

They all need to crash and burn and then rise from the ashes like 'The Phoenix" but this time with a sound business plan and the ability to adapt.

The big question is, do they come back with or without unions?

Like I said, just curious, because you do indeed have to member profiles using the name "Ktpman !".

The first one looks like this:

Member Name: Ktpman !

Total Posts: 38

First Post: 8/14/2008 11:38:17pm

Latest Post: 11/13/2008 11:59pm

The second one, created today, looks like this:

Member Name: Ktpman !

Total Posts: 4

First Post: 11/14/2008 8:10:28pm

Latest Post: 11/14/2008 4:56:02pm

Last edited by a moderator:
The big question is, do they come back with or without unions?

The unions helped to make them, however in today's economy you can no longer give away the future. The cost of retired members heathcare must be reduced to a reasonable level. So unless the unions are going to step up to the plate, invest in the company and invest in themselves, the doors will close, because the future is now.

If the unions were smart, they would initiate the process of restructuring how the Big 3 operates which would include reducing management level jobs. The union members want jobs and the shareholders want dividends and growth. Unless someone blinks, there will be no jobs, no dividends and no growth.

Tim, 11/14/2008 16:18 CT:

I guess because the first one had ktp man, it was suppose to be Ktpman. If that's what you mean. I don't know if your trying to say something if so just say it, and if I did want to create a new profile it's def. none of you f-ing business.

Tim, 11/14/2008 16:20 CT:

Anything else Train Trac?

I was just asking a simple question based upon an observation, as shown above, that you have two different profiles under the exact same member name, one of which was just created today. I really don't think that it was deserving of such a rude, uncivil, antagonistic response from you.

Latest posts