WebXtremes.com Reworked. Tell me what you think...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WXMotorSports DecalsPartsAccs

Reaction score
I'm the process of doing a remodel on the website. Tell me what you think.

This page will replace the home page.

Menu on the standard pages will be updated with the links on the shopping cart.

A coupon will be available for MyST members so that you can take advantage of the discount all year round.

I'm trying to have it go live July 1st as a have a few edits to do and add another 50 products.

Thanks,

SST

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the blue main page. I think you should center the smaller linked pages, instead of the left justufy. But,, me likes it:)

yea, but in 3 + years, only 3 people have bought any "parts" from me,,, everything is hands on.... so , how would/could I use it?:blink:

I like the skull ford oval. Is is just a decal that goes over the existing ford oval?

I like the old site better. Why you ask? There was a direct link to Sport Trac decals with photos of how they look on the vehicle. The new site is fine, just would like to see photos of applications.

JohnnyB

I have those on my ST. Yes, they are decals to go over the Ford ovals, but they go on very easy and look great I think.

Chet

Home page looks great, but I would get the company name and logo more front and center, or up in the top left corner, where it is always displayed. Should always be up there above that black menu bar at the upper left. You'll want your brand name to stick in the customer's head, so when they visit other pages, they'll always remember your site as a comparison.

All the photos of feature items on the home page should be linked. You'll get the impulse buyers that way that say "ooh, click on that, I want that".

Get you a certified secure SSL site thingy from Thawte, Network Solutions, Scan Alert, etc... that will cinch the deal for paranoid customers.

The splash page is a bit cluttered, although it does get all the necessary info across. I would enlarge the "visit our online store", or center it, or add more links to it, such as on the WebXtremes banner at the top.

I like the new store, it looks much more professional and has a good format. The menu tree on the left should be spaced out a bit more, it looks too tight and cluttered together for my taste.

edit: wait, I just realized that I was just looking at your live store all this time, and I hate that new splash page you're debating. Don't do it, the new page looks like a back room operation, and your current site looks much more professional.

As an FYI, I will recommend the below 2 books. I'm looking at "son of web pages that suck" and it had some interesting points on good design.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Ford graphics/decals on the Ford page? Have you stopped making Sport Trac specific decals, like the Hood Stripes, etc?

...Rich

New site looks great. Are you going to be making any more college decals for the emblems. I am looking for some USC (Gamecocks) decals for my ST and Fusion.

Andrew