Well if you can't shoot and intruder next best thing...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caymen says:
That and a good reason can deny you the right to unemployment compensation.

That "good reason" would have to be "misconduct" by the employee, wouldn't it? And the burden of proof is then on the employer to prove the misconduct, meaning it can't be a "he said, she said" issue, but there has to be real proof.

Truthfully, I don't know much about unemployment compensation denials, because although I have been laid off before, and quit jobs before, I have NEVER been unemployed nor have I ever looked into drawing unemployment.

But from a quick reading of the content at the link below, I have to think that baseless accusations of misconduct that are the grounds for unemployment compensation denials simply aren't that common. That's not to say that there aren't a lot of cases in courts over such claims, I am just saying they shouldn't be common, And, why do I say that, because again, LOGIC would dictate that IF a company wants to dismiss an employee that it simply isn't that hard to actually GET the appropriate documentation in place to prove the claims of misconduct; and when that happens, the employee likely knows it. I have NEVER known an employee that was on the "measured mile" (a euphimism for the period of time when you job is in jeopardy and the company is documenting everything) and the employee wasn't aware, even if the company wasn't telling them such. Put another way; the proof is easy to gather IF the misconduct is real. If the misconduct is fabricated, no company in their right mind would pursue the denial...they would just allow the payments.

The link is below...

P.S. Caymen, I am looking forward to your story of your cousin's girlfriend's brother who was fired from a job, then denied unemployment compensation, all unjustly, by some evil, non-union company. ;)

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
SST, as for "on-topic", if this lady that strangled the intruder was that much bigger than him, and never really in danger of being hurt or killed by him, should she be allowed to kill him like she seems to have?

TJR

So how do other states treat burglaries? Put emotions aside, what does your state mandate?

I my CCW class (Florida), we were instructed to only use deadly force should we feel our life or life of a family member was in eminent danger, and we would have to prove that beyond a doubt or pay dearly to the state with our freedom. A VCR or TV does not equal a human life, and we should always look for a way out if possible.

With that said, FL now has a 'Castle' law.

I can't say exactly what I would do during an event, and hope I never have to exercise that option.

P.S. Caymen, I am looking forward to your story of your cousin's girlfriend's brother who was fired from a job, then denied unemployment compensation, all unjustly, by some evil, non-union company.

TJR,

Sorry to disappoint you, but I only tell stories that actually happened. I don't make stuff up.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
My point, Caymen wasn't that you make stuff up, but that you have on many occassions here used hearsay and comments of parties several times removed from yourself to form your opinions or to make your points.

I will never insinuate someone is a liar. That's not to say, however, that if I have indisputable proof of a lie I won't call someone on it.

TJR

Latest posts